As an American, this blog can become very USA-centric. That is not fair. There are literally dozens of other countries around the world, many of them carrying an actual importance with them. The USA is not the only country in the entire universe.
For instance, there is Canada.
I have been to Canada not once, but twice in my lifetime and I am here to tell you that our neighbors to the north have a rich, incredible culture filled with hockey and poutine and Celine Dion. Most importantly, though, they have some incredible slang.
So happy Canada Day, my friends to the north. I hope you have hoisted a double-double and eased your nangers with a Newfie Steak. We Yanks over the river would like to say you have a beauty of a country up there.
If you have no idea what I just said, get outside of your shell and experience another vibrant culture by checking out all of the Canadian slang the north has to offer.
- Happy Canada Day (summersolsticemusings.wordpress.com)
- happy canada day canada (busblog.tonypierce.com)
- Six sweet Canada Day recipes and where to celebrate this weekend (vancouverobserver.com)
- Happy Canada Day, Eh! Celebs From Up North (au.eonline.com)
- Happy Canada Day (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- Happy Birthday Canada! (kamafitness.wordpress.com)